Coordinates: 53.342528, -6.281310
The present St. Catherine's Church occupies the site of an early 13th century medieval parish church. The earliest reference to a church at this site occurs in Crede Mihi (1212-25). It was appropriated to the Augustinian priory of St. Thomas and subsequently to the Earls of Meath. Shown on Speed's map of 1610 as 'St Cathren church', a rectangular building with a tower at the W end. It has a bell of 1671, which was recast in 1896.