Coordinates: 52.977064, -8.262828
Kilbarron Abbey is listed in the ecclesiastical taxation of the Diocese of Killaloe in 1302 and The Royal visitation of 1615 described the building as a 'church and chancell in ruin'. A barrel-vaulted priest's chamber orientated north-south was inserted into the west end of the nave and was accessed via a pointed limestone doorway in its east wall. This is a late 12th/early 13th century nave and chancel church with later medieval insertions in the form of the single light east window and the barrel vaulted priest's chamber at the west end of the nave.
"The Archaeological Inventory of County Tipperary, Vol. 1 - North Tipperary" compiled by Jean Farrelly & Caimin O'Brien, 2002, p246-248.