Erected by Alexander William Joseph, and Robert Comyns of Dublin as a tribute of respect to the memory of their Father Joseph Comyns Esq Comptroller of her Majestys Customs at the Port of Galway who died on the 11th day of Sept 1810 aged 61 years and whose remains are deposited beneath this stone
This R.S. has been reused as part of the path around the church. The Inc'd. Ins. is easily read. There is an incised two-line border all the way around the slab.