Coordinates: 52.960000, -7.203000
The graveyard is in urban area, in the village of Timahoe.
Reference to a church founded by St. Mochua (died 657); no visible surface remains. Graveyard contains ruins of a round tower which is only remains of the early monastery foundation; a 15th century church was later transformed into a towerhouse of which only a large arch survives today; a Church of Ireland church is located in the north quadrant of site, turned into library. Area on 1841 OS map marked as 'Timahoe Abbey (in ruins)' and 'Timahoe Round Tower' and on 1908 OS map as 'Church', Grave Yard', 'Round Tower' and 'Castle (in ruins) on site of Abbey'. (National Monument No. 114)
Graveyard contains 19th to 21st century headstones; newer ones in good condition, older ones leaning and damaged.
Graveyard has D- shape; boundary stone wall intact with some ivy coverage, tree boundaries in good condition. Gravel path leads to and around library, and gravel path around ruins. Ground surface generally level, but area around older graves overgrown. Ground partially well maintained; grass mown regularly.