Coordinates: 53.161000, -7.191000
The graveyard is in middle of town of Portarlington, at southwest corner of Market Square.
Graveyard contains Church of Ireland Church of St Paul's, built 1851, on the site of earlier Huguenot church, c. 1696. Later church may incorporate some fabric of earlier 17th century building.
Graveyard contains 18th to 20th century headstones, including crosses, round headed , recumbent slabs and table tombs; most in good condition, very few appear to be leaning or damaged.
Graveyard has long narrow irregular shape; boundary rendered stone and brick wall with cast iron railings at roadside. Access via gate from southwest corner of Market Square. Some limited gravel paths; ground surface generally level. Graveyard maintained, grass mown fairly regularly.