Coordinates: 52.731161, -7.397959
Catholic Church of St Lachtain and St Nichol is a detached five-bay double-height Gothic Revival Catholic church, dated 1844. It is built on site of earlier Catholic chapel, pre-1840, with single-bay three-stage gabled projecting higher entrance 'tower' to west on a square plan, and single-bay double-height lower chancel to east on a half-octagonal plan having two-bay single-storey sacristy to north-east. Renovated, 2004. It was sponsored by the Eyre family of nearby Uppercourt House for Bishop William Kinsella and Reverend William Hart a monument church in a robust Gothic Revival style built to designs prepared by William Deane Butler.