Coordinates: 53.105000, -7.306000
St Joseph's cemetery is the current active graveyard for Mountmellick and surrounding areas.
Graveyard opening dates to the early 20th century. The cemetery is marked on the OS 25 inch map (1897-1913) and is labelled as 'Mountmellick Cemetery'.
The cemetery fronts onto the road and is defined by a wall and iron railings boundary. There are two gates and one pedestrian entrances. The cemetery is rectangular in plan with tarmac paths.
The headstone types are: celtic style, rounded and metal crosses.
There is a small plot set aside for the Sisters of the Presentation Convent. A small modern concrete shelter with altar is located on site for masses.