Coordinates: 53.088000, -7.219000
The graveyard is in rural area, south of the village of Emo.
Graveyard contains a Church of Ireland church dedicated to St John; marked on 1841 OS map as 'Church'. This church was designed by James Gandon, completed 1786; renovated/remodelled, c. 1870. A mausoleum is attached, dated to 1788 and 1798.
Graveyard contains headstones from 1800 to present; majority in good condition; most upright, a few leaning. The graveyard contains table tombs, mausolea and slabs, many overgrown and cracked.
Graveyard has rough coursed stone boundary wall to the north and west, vegetative boundary to the south and wall of grave markers built into the walls to the east. Gate at the west side, but locked. Pedestrian access from adjoining field to the north. Gravel path leads from main gate to church and a concrete path runs around the building. Located beside roadside. Ground surface is uneven.