Coordinates: 52.855000, -7.581000
The graveyard is in an urban area, in the town of Rathdowney.
Graveyard contains Church of Ireland church, dated 1818, renovated 1865 and extended 1990. Possibly the site of an earlier medieval church. No visible surface trace of possible earlier church.
Graveyard contains 19th century headstones; most of them upright, only few leaning and damaged.
Graveyard has square shape; boundary stone wall intact but overgrown some places; c. 1m high. The medieval graveyard may have extended northwards across the road northeast of church. Possible site of castle-ringwork within the grounds of the medieval graveyard. Access via gate from town; tarmac paths from gate around church. Ground surface is mainly even. Graveyard maintained; grass mown regularly.