Coordinates: 53.034000, -7.304000
The graveyard is in urban area, in the centre of Portlaoise town.
Graveyard contains a Church of Ireland church dedicated to St Peter, built 1823, renovated 1975, marked on 1841 OS map as 'Church' and 'Grave Yard'.
Graveyard contains headstones dating mostly from 19th to 20th century; few from 21st century. Headstones in varying conditions; many upright and in good condition; others leaning and damaged; contains some table tombs, many overgrown and badly damaged.
Graveyard boundaries in very good condition; upstanding with little overgrowth; lined with trees to the west and hedgerow to the north; wall approx. 3m high. Main access gate in south wall; small gate in east wall; gravel paths to and around church. Church and graveyard located northwest of junction R445/N80. Ground surface is generally even.