Coordinates: 53.014000, -7.146000
The graveyard is in urban area, in the town of Stradbally.
Graveyard contains a Catholic church dedicated to the Sacred Heart (completed in 1896); marked on 1913 OS map as 'R.C. Church' and 'Burial Ground'.
The burial area is on two levels; upper level to the south of church, lower level to the north. Graveyard contains headstones dating from 19th and 20th centuries, all in very good condition; upper level graves belonging to priests; some larger celtic crosses and decorative horizontal markers, lower level graves belonging to nuns; all small celtic crosses.
Graveyard boundary is rough coursed stone wall to the south; cement faced stone walls to north and east; church located to the west. Main entrance from road (N80); path leading to graveyard; paths within graveyard, but not between upper and lower level. Located beside roadside. Ground surface is level on both upper and lower level.