Coordinates: 53.035000, -7.300000
The graveyard is in centre of Portlaoise town (formerly Maryborough) on east side of Church Street.
Graveyard contains ruins of medieval church known as 'Old St Peter's Church', built c. 1556, marked on 1841 OS map as 'Tower of Church, Graveyard'. Ruins consists of a tower (c. 5m by 5m) and upstanding north wall of nave (c. 18m long). Church built following the Plantation of Laois in 1556.
Graveyard contains 18th to 19th century headstones, in poor condition; very overgrown, leaning, collapsed or otherwise damaged. One visible table tomb.
Graveyard has sub-rectangular shape; stone wall boundary intact c. 3-4m high with arched gateway, locked. No paths visible; access from roadside. Ground appears uneven. Ground very overgrown and neglected.