Coordinates: 53.097000, -7.303000
The graveyard is in rural area, southeast of Mountmellick, on slightly elevated ground, surrounded by pasture land.
The site of a church is situated within graveyard. Church was depicted on 1841 Ordnance Survey 6inch map as 'Ivy Church (in Ruins)' and on later 1910 edition as 'Church (site of)'. Possible remains of side wall of church may exist in form of low wall in centre of graveyard. Graveyard contains a small modern shelter with mass altar.
Graveyard contains 18th to 20th century headstones, recumbent slabs, metal crosses and celtic-style crosses; mostly in good condition, some leaning, collapsed, worn or in fragments. Burial place of nine United Irishmen executed in Mountmellick in 1798; contains 1798 commemorative memorial. Locally known to contain famine burials from 1740's and 1840's.
Graveyard is irregularly shaped. Boundary stone wall intact. Gravel path bounded on both sides by stone wall leads from the road; access via gate and stile. Grounds well maintained, grass regularly mown.