Coordinates: 53.124000, -7.335000
The graveyard is located in the outskirts of Mountmellick town, on the south side of N80 heading northwest.
Marked on 1841 OS map as 'R.C. Chapel' and 'Grave Yard'. Site of church until late 19th century; replaced by St Joseph's Church in 1878.
Graveyard contains headstones dating from 18th to 20th century the oldest dating to 1755; various types of headstones such as flat, altar, railing and celtic cross.
Graveyard has hedgerow boundary along east side, stone wall with railings elsewhere; two iron gates and one pedestrian swing gate.