Coordinates: 53.016000, -7.233000
The Dysart Enos local community are currently engaged in a conservation project - their work can be seen at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Dysart-Enos-church-conservation/433508746... and all support will be gratefuly received and acknowledged.
The graveyard is in rural area, surrounded by pasture land.
Graveyard contains ruins of Church of Ireland church, built c. 1750, ruined c. 1839; marked on 1908 OS map as 'Church (in ruins)'. The ruins of the 18th century church possibly incorporate earlier medieval fabric. Associated with St Aongus who occupied a heritage cell here; noted as site of a round tower; no surface remains of heritage or round tower exist.
Graveyard contains 18th to 20th century headstones, metal crosses, recumbent slabs and table tombs; most upright, some leaning, collapsed in fragments. There are a large number of small uninscribed markers arranged in rows. Graveyard was cleared by local community group and detailed information panel erected c. 2005.
Graveyard has rectangular shape; boundary defined by stone wall c. 1.5m high. Access across fields through gate and stile. Gravel path leads from gate to church ruin. Ground level uneven and higher within graveyard than without. Ground well maintained and grass regularly mown.