Coordinates: 53.011000, -7.420000
The graveyard is in rural area, on low rise, surrounded by undulating pasture land. Two other graveyards are also located within the townland of Clonenagh, one (St Bridget's) across road and fields to south and one (St Fintan's) across the road to southwest.
Graveyard contains no structural remains; marked on 1841 OS map as 'Graveyard'. During a cleanup of graveyard in 1988 thirteen inscribed early Christian cross-slabs were discovered. The site of the monastery of Clonenagh (founded by St Fintan c. 548) is located c. 200m southwest across the road at Church of Ireland graveyard of St Fintan's. A holy well site dedicated to St Fintan is located adjacent.
Graveyard contains 18th to 20th century headstones, in good condition; including celtic crosses, metal crosses, rounded, recumbent headstones and table tombs. Some small uninscribed stone markers are evident within the graveyard. The early Christian cross-slabs discovered in 1988 have been set against the wall inside gate.
Graveyard has irregular shape; boundary stone wall, intact, c. 1.5-2m high; access via gate and stile from roadside. Short length of path inside gate. Ground higher within graveyard than without. Graveyard maintained and grass regularly mown.