Coordinates: 52.999000, -7.476000
The graveyard is in urban area, in the town of Mountrath.
Graveyard contains a Catholic church dedicated to St Fintan (built 1867), marked on 1841 OS map as 'R.C. Chapel'. Nunnery founded in 1809.
Graveyard contains headstones of Brigidine Sisters and some Patrician Brothers; all laid out in 2007; simple low headstones; three marble crosses for laity.
Combination of modern wall/iron railing at rear of church; stone wall; block wall. Gravel surface.